Monday, February 2, 2009

Single parenthood

Ever wonder why it takes two to create a baby?  Because parents are supposed to come in pairs.  Single parenting is for people who have money to hire other people to take care of their children!!  I am not one of those people.  I am a person who enjoys peace and quiet during long evening car rides and a long hot bath on occasional nights, while reading something other than princess stories.  This, however, is not my reality.  Single parenthood is akin to running a marathon in a blizzard with a 50 pound backpack strapped on to your front.  I would like to request a change of life  - is that possible?  I love my children - a lot.  But honestly, why do teachers give homework to children with only one parent - it is NOT FAIR.  I do not know why paying attention to the details will give you a better idea of the main topic, nor do I care.  And since my third grader also does not know or care, what is the point???  Okay, I have completely digressed.  The point is:  I want my husband back!!!!

2 comments:

Lori said...

i just read an article about homework, it is a complete waste of time. let's start a movement. as for your husband, i wish i could do something to help, maybe you just need to move to missouri:)

Lexi said...

I think you should update you blog Mommy